Thursday, October 20, 2005

Harry Potter and the Pictures of Great Amusement

I blame you, cmhl, for being the one to finally explain how it is that one puts an image on a blog entry. Thank you for getting me addicted. *love*

And now, for your viewing pleasure:

I do so love this picture. Just think: what would happen if these kids (in character, I mean) actually did walk into Hogwarts dressed like this? They are already part of a dark culture, so to dress up as a Muggle's imitation of dark culture...what would everyone say? Would they be called Dark Wizards? Clowns? DARK WIZARD CLOWNS?



You know, I would totally be a Harry/Hermione "shipper" if the books had not made it blatantly obvious that Hermione and Ron were destined for each other. When you watch the movies, though, it is very clear that Emma Watson and Dan Radcliffe have some truly amazing chemistry together, and it does almost look like they could have something together. This must be why there is a strange interest (mostly among teenagers) in whether or not Emma and Dan are dating.


I have to tell you, this picture frightens and confuses me. Not because it's bad, oh no. It's because it is just so damn good! I know it is the job of the art department to make Dan Radcliffe (and hence, the movie) irresistable to teenage girls everywhere. But seriously, they did their job a little too well. Because I am totally crushing on this guy, despite the fact that I am much too old for him. Well, okay, I'm not that old, I'm not even in my thirties yet. But still. I'm too old to be having school-girl crushes, and I'm certainly too old for Daniel Radcliffe. This is me, being all scared. ...Then again, maybe it's not him I find attractive. Maybe it's just the leather wizard robes. Yes, that's it. I always did have a thing for leather jackets and trench coats.

Okay, I'm going to go crawl under a rock, now.

No comments: