Thursday, January 26, 2006

Five Weird Things Meme

I got this from Nilo the Great. Name five wierd things about yourself, then tag five more people to do the same. Hey, how do you pronounce "meme?"

1. I used to write perfectly punctuated letters to my boyfriend. I mean perfect. I was something of a grammarian. This irritated him, so he responded by sending me letters with deliberate comma splices and misspellings. That irritated me, so I deliberately used his misspelled words in my return letter, only with the proper spelling. I also used a semicolon properly. Just my little way of saying, "In your face!"

2. I am afraid of cockroaches. When I was a small child, my mother, brother and I all slept over at the house of a friend of Mom's. That night as I slept on the floor, I woke up to the sensation of something crawling on my foot. Something that felt roughly the same size as my foot. I screamed bloody murder, waking up everyone in the house and pissing off my mother, in whose ear I'd screamed. "It's just a roach, honey," they all told me. "They come from the trees." Yeah. That was a big comfort. Giant mutant tree roaches were crawling on my bare foot in search of food and warmth. Why would a little girl fear that?

3. I fear the color yellow. Not the light, fluffy yellow that looks like it has some white in it. I mean the strong, harsh yellow that looks like it might have just a hint of orange. I used to have nightmares about this color. Guess what color paint my grandfather bought for the house when he wanted us to repaint it? My only consolation was that everyone else who had to live in that house hated it, too.

4. I am trying to learn the lyrics to "He Mele No Lilo," from the Lilo and Stitch soundtrack. The entire thing is in Hawaiian. Not easy.

5. I love bagpipe music.

Tag. You're it:
EverydaySuperGoddess
Three Kid Circus
M. Giant
Daring Young Mom
And an open tag for whoever wants it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grammarian? When I get close to submitting my books to a publisher, can I call on you for a manuscript review?