Taken from Nilo the Great, who took it from someone else, who is part of the continuous cycle of surveys that float around this thing we call the internet.
1.Have you ever been searched by the cops?
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
I don't ride roller coasters. But when I was younger and did ride them, I only closed my eyes when there was dirt in them, or if there was water involved.
3. When was the last time you went sleigh riding?
We don't have sleighs on the Gulf Coast. Nor do we have snow.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
I'd rather sleep with my husband, and only him. Lately, however, the four-year-old has been in our bed, and this is something I can do without.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, but I prefer to call them spirits.
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
Duh. Of course he did.
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
I'm not sure where this question is going, since I'm straight, but I'm going to say Angelina Jolie, since she has range, and because she uses her celebrity status to promote good causes and not to mitch and bone about how she's been done wrong by a man.
9. Can you honestly say you know anything about politics?
Just enough to know that politics is really about one thing: power.
10. Do you know how to play poker?
Learned how at the age of seven. Gambling was a family tradition! My great-grandmother was a gambler. However, while I may know the rules of the game, I am not any good at poker, and I personally don't gamble.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
I'm sure I have. It was probably in high school, when I was studying my butt off.
12. Do you kill bugs that are in the house?
If it's a roach, I scream until my husband comes to kill it. If it's a cricket, I catch it and release it outside (maybe even feed it to a frog), because my mother always said it's bad to kill a cricket in your house. If it's a spider, I either squish it or let it run away, unless it's a really BIG spider, in which case I scream again.
13. Have you ever cheated on a test?
Yes, in high school, but not with a cheat sheet. My eyes wandered. I hate that I did that.
14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around, do you go through red lights?
In this town, there is always someone around, even in the middle of the night. But if I'm in a scary neighborhood and I see some scary people approaching, then yeah, I would probably run the red light, but cautiously.
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
17. Have you ever ice skated?
Yes. Once. Never again.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you were crying?
A few months ago. I think a movie cracked me up. Or maybe I was watching House?
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Strawberry Field, Yellow Submarine, She Loves You, Yesterday, Penny Lane
21. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not for me, no. I don't deny that it can happen for others, though.
22. Do you know who BaBa Booey is?
What kind of stupid question is this? Is this supposed to gauge how old I am or something?
23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Damn skippy I do.
24. What talent do you wish you had?
To run and not be weary.
25. Do you like Sushi?
Only the California rolls.
26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
More than once.
27. What do you wear to bed?
If it's hot, just a few light clothes. If it's cold, sweats. If it doesn't matter because I'm too exhausted to care, I sleep in whatever I was wearing that day.
28. Have you ever been caught stealing?
29. Does size matter?
Sure it does, if you're trying to reach a burned out lightbulb on the ceiling, or move a large piece of furniture through a small door, or make sure you have enough chicken in the freezer to feed a family of six.
30. Do you truly hate anyone?
If I could hate anyone, there is one person in particular who I'd hate. If I ever saw him again, I don't know what I'd do, exactly. Maybe I'd have enough restraint to just turn my back on him and walk away without speaking. Or maybe I'd slap him. I don't really know, to tell you the truth. I don't know how I could ever express to him how he wounded me. Maybe I'd just ask him how he feels about having a millstone tied to his neck while being cast into the sea.
31. Rock and Roll or Rap?
Rock and Roll for me, but I'd always keep a special place in my heart for my brother's rap.
32. Do you have a relative in prison?
I have over a hundred cousins on my dad's side alone. Odds are I do have a relative in prison.
33. Have you ever sung in front of the mirror like your favorite singer?
34. Do you know how to play chess?
Know the rules, know how the pieces move, but other than that I'm not any better at chess than I am at poker.
35. What food do you find disgusting?
There's a whole section over at The Sneeze called "Steve! Don't Eat It!" Now that is some disgusting stuff. Other than that, I am disgusted by pretty much all pickled pig products.
36. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours?"
37. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
I've done it to their faces. As they have done to me.
38. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
To tell you the truth, I don't remember.
39. Have you ever been punched in the face?
40. When is the last time you threw up from drinking too much?
41. Have you ever walked out on a movie at the theater?
No, but there's one I wish I had walked out on.
42. Do you ever sit through a bad movie, just to see how bad it got?
If it's that bad, then I just stop watching and put something else on. (For example, Christmas with the Kranks. Terrible. I couldn't bring myself to finish it.)
43. Would you consider yourself obsessed with anything/anyone?
Books. Definitely books.
44. Have you ever met someone famous?
I met John Bytheway once. Also, a congressman. That's about the extent of my experience with meeting famous people.
45. Have you ever been stood up?
Yes. On my birthday. By the guy who was supposed to be my best friend. Thank you very much for reminding me.
46. When's the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs?
Four years ago. Those were some mean baby blues.
47. Did you ever do something that you didn't want to, but did anyway just to fit in?
Yeah. I went to some large social gatherings because my friends were going. Truth be told, I cannot stand large groups of strange people. It makes me very nervous and sick.